Archive for October, 2009
WordPress has released its latest version WP2.8.5 today. This latest version consists of several security improvements, therefore it’s recommended to upgrade your blog so that it’s up-to-date and as secure as possible.
The headline changes in this release are:
- A fix for the Trackback Denial-of-Service attack that is currently being seen.
- Removal of areas within the code where php code in variables was evaluated.
- Switched the file upload functionality to be whitelisted for all users including Admins.
- Retiring of the two importers of Tag data from old plugins.
You may not see this upgrade notice in your WP dashboard as usual once you login. It’s not visible at the time of writing, but this upgrade is available under Tools > Upgrade. Just select “Upgrade Automatically” or “Download 2.8.5″ and upgrade it manually will do.
WordPress has made upgrading so easy and fast, I’m loving it.
It’s the 10th year since I first started using a mobile phone back in 1999. My mobile phone history is as follows :-
- Nokia 2110 (1998) – Huge, heavy & with retractable antenna (you won’t get to see this anymore. LoL).
- Nokia 8110 (1999) – This is the one that you see in the movie Matrix.
- Nokia 5110 (2000) – Very durable & it’s still working.
- Nokia 3210 (2001) – I still think this is one of the nicest designed Nokia legacy phone. Mine got stolen.
- Kyocera TG200 (2002) – This is the lightest phone I’ve ever used, only 75g!
- Nokia 6610 (2004) – Bought it for my Bachelor degree thesis because it’s one of first few S40 phones with J2ME enabled and I needed one.
- Nokia N73 Music Edition (2007) – My first N-series Nokia phone.
- Nokia N97 (2009) – My latest Nokia phone. Love every bit of it!
Nokia has always been my first choice when choosing a mobile phone and one of the main reasons I like about their phones is none other than it’s durability. All Nokia phones I own as listed never died on me and I only changed them for a better phone.
I believe the durability of Nokia phone is quite well known all thanks to their extensive product testing of their products. Do check out the following video I just came across and I feel like sharing with you all :-
Hope you enjoy it. :-)