Archive for June, 2011
Last week, Motorola Atrix was launched in Malaysia and 2 specially designed accessories were introduced as well :
- Motorola HD Multimedia Dock : RRP RM439
- Motorola LapdockTM : RRP RM1399
Both of these accessories run on Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application, which aim to bring desktop-like or laptop-like PC experience on a smartphone. You may read the details of these 2 accessories and webtop application in my previous post.
Take a look of how Motorola Atrix is used on the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock :-
The video below will show you how Motorola Atrix is used on the Motorola Lapdock :-
I love football and I’m a huge fan of Chelsea Footbal Club since Gianfranco Zola’s era. Watching Chelsea play live in the stadium is one of my dreams, which I have yet to materialize it.
Last year I went to Chelsea’s home stadium, Stamford Bridge, but unfortunately I couldn’t get the ticket as it’s already sold out for the match Chelsea vs Blackpool which they trashed Blackpool 4-0. Therefore, I had no choice but to watch it live on the TV at a local pub.
Outside Stamford Bridge Stadium before the match Chelsea vs Blackpool
This year my dream will come true as I’ve got a paid of tickets for the match Malaysia XI vs Chelsea when Chelsea is coming for their Asia Tour 2011 on 21st July 2011! All thanks to Noobie for arranging the tickets and Samsung for bringing the team to Malaysia.
Well, you can get the ticket and a Chelsea jersey free as well. Just purchase any Samsung product(s) worth at least RM300 in a single receipt and enter the SMS contest as published in the poster above. Not only you stand a chance to win a ticket to watch Chelsea live, you might get a chance to sit with the team during the match!
Earlier today WordPress found some malicious codes in several popular plugins, namely AddThis, WPtouch, and W3 Total Cache. These malicious codes may run as cleverly disguised backdoors on your blog, which is dangerous!
Therefore, WordPress urged all WP blog users who have these plugins installed or upgraded recently to reset your password immediately. Do not use the same password as the new password!
To reset the user’s password in your blog is easy. There are 2 ways to reset the password :-
1. Reset in WP Admin Panel
- 1. In the Admin Panel menu, go to Users.
- 2. Click on your username in the list to edit.
- 3. Scroll to the bottom to the New Password section and type in a new password in the two boxes provided. The strength box will show how good (strong) your password is.
- 4. Click the Update Profile.
2. Reset without login to WP Admin Panel
- 1. Go to your WordPress Login page.
- 2. Click on lost password.
- 3. Enter your user name and the email address on file for that account.
- 4. The new password will be emailed to your email address.
Meanwhile, all password at wordpress.org were forced-reset so you’ll need to request for the new password to be sent to you in case if you need to login to wordpress.org.
Motorola Atrix was officially launched in Malaysia yesterday and I was lucky to be there to cover the product launch and snapped some pictures and video. The smartphone is now widely available throughout Malaysia at selected retailers at a recommended retail price of RM1,999.
Motorola Atrix, running Android 2.2 Froyo OS.
Motorola chosen Malaysia as one of the first countries in Asia to launch this dual-core smartphone just five months since it was first unveiled in January at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), in Las Vegas, where it won CNET’s Best of CES “Best smartphone” award.
Andy Tan, CEO of Brightstar Distributions Sdn Bhd and Robert Van Tilburg, Senior Regional Sales Director, Motorola Mobility, South Asia posing with models at the launch of Motorola Atrix.
The claim that Motorola is calling this smartphone the world’s most powerful smartphone has raised some people’s eyebrows, but it certainly is based some supporting facts. First and foremost, Motorola Atrix is running on powerful hardware configurations and below are the key features :-
- 1GHz dual-core processor (virtually running 2 1GHz processors, good for fast games rendering & HD video playing)
- Full 1GB of RAM (good for multitasking)
- Running Android 2.2 Froyo OS (upgradable to 2.3 Gingerbread)
- 4-inch qHD (Quarter High Resolution) display, at 24-bit colour & 960×540 resolution
- Display panel is made of Corning Gorilla Glass (for maximum durability)
- 16GB on board storage space and expandable to 48GB with an optional 32GB microSD card
- Ultra thin (only 11mm) with a huge 1930mAh battery capacity (extra long battery life)
- Biometric fingerprint recognition (at the Power button) for extra security
- 5 megapixel rear camera with the ability to record HD video in 720p
- Mini-HDMI port (for direct HDMI output to external display)
- Up to 9 hours talk-time on 3G & up to 264 hours standby time on GSM!
- Supports Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application (see below for more details)
I was invited to Nokia’s World’s Biggest Angry Birds Playground at the Boulevard Strip, Low Yat Plaza last weekend and it was totally fun to be part of the world’s record setting event.
Nokia’s World’s Biggest Angry Birds Playground
Angry Birds Playground is one of the biggest Nokia campaigns in Malaysia this year, they even invited Ville Heijari, VP Franchise Development of Rovio Mobile (the creator of Angry Birds), all the way from Finland to be part of the event. Of course we didn’t miss this golden opportunity to ask him about the latest development of Angry Birds before the event started.
Anthony Wilson, Nokia Head of Marketing Singapore, Malaysia & Brunei, and Ville Heijari, VP Franchise Development of Rovio Mobile, were taking turns to answer questions from the medias.
Anthony Wilson, Vlasta Berka (General Manager of Nokia Singapore/Malaysia & Brunei) & Ville Heijari
Today at Taiwan’s Computex trade-show 2011, ASUS has launched a new MeeGo powered netbook, Eee PC X101, that is as thin as Apple MacBook Air!
Eee PC X101 features a 10 inch screen, weighs around 950g and is only 1.76cm thick. The thickest part of a MacBook Air is 1.7cm too! Eee PC X101′s hardware details are as follows :-
- Processor: Intel Atom N435 running at 1.33 Ghz
- Display: 10.1 inch matte display at resolution 1024 x 600
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
- I/O: 2 x USB ports, microSD card slot, headphone / audio port
- Battery: 2600mAh