Archive for the 'News' Category
Sony Xperia Tablet Z will be officially launched in Malaysia on 19th June 2013 but Celcom gets ahead of everyone by offering the world’s thinnest and lightest water resistant tablet from as low as RM1,438 bundled with Celcom First Data plans starting today (15th June 2013).
Sony Xperia Tablet Z launch at Celcom outlets
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z will be available today ONLY at the following 5 selected Celcom outlets :-
- Blue Cube @ Iconic, Sunway
- Blue Cube @ Pavilion
- Blue Cube @ The Gardens
- CXP @ eCurve PJ
- CXP, Kuchai Enterpreneur Park @ Kuchai Lama
The tablet will then be available nationwide on 19th June 2013.
Exclusively at Celcom launch today, lucky customers will stand a chance to enjoy an additional discount of up to RM500 so Sony Xperia Tablet Z could be yours for just RM938! Besides, Celcom is giving away NFC Bluetooth speakers worth RM199 too. Head over to the launch today and you could be one of the proud owners of this latest tablet from Sony and walk away with freebies.
Celcom First Bundle
Sony Xperia Tablet Z is bundled with Celcom First Data plans in either 12 months or 24 months contract. All 3 First Data plans include pay-per-use voice at 15 sen/min for voice and video calls, 10 sen/SMS and 20 sen/MMS to all networks and may be used when SIM card is inserted into a voice compatible smartphone, as the call function is not supported on the Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
|Sony Xperia Tablet Z
|Celcom First Data
Lite + Voice
|Celcom First Data
Basic + Voice
|Celcom First Data
Advance + Voice
|Speed||Up to 1.5Mbps||Up to 3.6Mbps||Up to 5Mbps|
|Contract||12 months||24 months||12 months||24 months||12 months||24 months|
|Monthly Rebate||RM20 x 10 months||RM30 x 10 months||RM35 x 10 months||RM50 x 10 months|
Data and pay-per-use voice bundle allows you to switch the SIM card between the tablet and your smartphone. The SIM card can go into the tablet when you need to use only data; Whereas you can insert the same SIM card into a smartphone when you need to make calls.
World’s thinnest and lightest water resistant tablet
Inside Sony Xperia Tablet Z, there’s a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of storage expandable with microSD and powered by a 6,000mAh battery. The latest Snapdragon asynchronous processor offers breathtaking speed and jaw-dropping graphics, giving you powerful computing but without lightning-speed battery drain.
On the exterior, Sony Xperia Tablet Z has a 10.1″ TFT screen that gives you a Full HD 1920×1200 pixels resolution display. The brilliant Reality Display is powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, which enhances the clarity and richness of every image. It’s amazing how Sony is able to make it the world’s thinnest (6.9mm) and lightest (495g) tablet in the market despite having all these advanced features. Not to mention the tablet supports the 4G LTE network in our country too!
In summary, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z boasts a myriad of amazing features:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), 1.5GHz Quad Core Processor – Super fast performance on the fastest network.
- 10.1″ HD Reality Display (1920×1200px resolution, pixel density 224ppi) – Large enough screen for you to enjoy all your favourite movies and series in wide view.
- 8.1MP Rear Camera, 2.2MP Front Camera – High resolution picture-taking and full HD video shooting ensures you don’t miss a second.
- Water-resistant (IPX5/7 rating) and Dust-proof (IP5X rating) – Bring it wherever you go without worries of getting it wet.
- NFC Enabled – Share pictures, documents and more in a whole new way.
- 4G LTE Compatible – Experience the tablet on the fastest network.
Why choose Celcom First?
- Bring your tablet experience to the next level with the best network.
- It’s Malaysia’s fastest network with the widest coverage.
- You can enjoy the best plans and rates with Celcom First.
- Celcom customers always get to be the first to enjoy the most exclusive privileges.
- Celcom’s many accolades have resulted in various industry awards such as Broadband Service Provider of the Year and Mobile Service Provider of the Year by Frost & Sullivan.
For more information of the device or the bundled plans, head over to Celcom’s Xperia Tablet Z page. Better still, get to your nearest Blue Cube today to test it out for yourself.
Maxis is now offering new postpaid packages bundled with iPhone 5 (and iPhone 4S too) to existing Maxis customers or users from another network. Under these new Maxis postpaid packages, you’ll get to choose either TalkMore 78 or SurfMore 75 plan and enjoy a lower iPhone 5 price on a 24-month contract. This offer is valid until 31 March 2013 or while stocks last so hurry up.
TalkMore 78 plan comes with free 600 minutes for calls and 500 SMS to all operators. The monthly commitment fee is RM78. It does not have any data allocation so if you need data connection you can add a 1GB Mobile Internet plan for RM48/month.
On the other hand, SurfMore 75 plan comes with a monthly 5GB mobile internet allocation and its monthly commitment is RM75. All calls and SMS rates are pay-as-you-use as the following :-
- RM0.12/min (call to Maxis network)
- RM0.20/min (call to other networks)
- RM0.05 per SMS (to Maxis number)
- RM0.15 per SMS (to other networks)
As you’ve just entered the new year 2013, Celcom has already brought in three latest Android smartphones, HTC Butterfly, Samsung Galaxy S III Mini and Sony Xperia Tipo, and bundle them with attractive plans for the customers. It seems if there’s a new phone in town, it’s got to be first on Celcom!
These 3 latest Android smartphones, each for different user segment, are added into the wide range of devices Celcom has to offer. It gives buyers the best smartphone choices paired with the best plans.
HTC Butterfly (as low as RM1,468)
HTC have been doing very well in bringing in their latest smartphones to Malaysia in the shortest time in recent years. Just merely after 1 month after HTC Butterfly’s official launch in Japan, it has finally reached our shores and Celcom is now offering this HTC latest flagship Android smartphone from as low as RM1,468!
HTC Butterfly is labelled as the world’s first full HD smartphone, so you won’t be disappointed with its latest hardware and software:-
- Runs on the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and 1.6 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor.
- It has the world’s first full HD smartphone display, 5” wide.
- With an amazing 8MP camera, you won’t need any other.
- Equipped with Beats Audio to bring music to life.
- 16GB storage with expansion card slot supports microSD memory card (up to 32GB).
Samsung Galaxy S III mini (as low as RM588)
Celcom is currently offering Samsung Galaxy S III Mini at a very affordable price from as low as RM588 making it a good mid-end alternative to its expensive but more powerful sibling Galaxy S III.
Despite Galaxy S III Mini is offered at a cheaper price, it is still running on the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). On the exterior, it has a 4” Super AMOLED display and sports a similar intuitive and elegant design with Galaxy S III. On the inside, it features some quality hardware too :-
- Has a 1GHz dual-core processor.
- Take pictures wherever you go with the 5MP camera.
- Integrated with S Voice, Samsung’s advanced natural language recognition software.
- 8GB storage with expansion card slot supports microSD memory card (up to 32GB).
Sony Xperia Tipo (as low as RM88)
Sony Xperia Tipo is priced as low as RM88 by Celcom, making it the least expensive Android smartphone among these 3 latest devices.
Sony Xperia Tipo has a 3.2” Scratch-Resistant display and weighs only 99.4g, so it suits user who prefers a light and small phone. Below are the highlight of its specifications:-
- It is powered by a 800MHz Snapdragon processor.
- Running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- 3.2MP camera with 4x digital zoom.
- 2.9GB storage with expansion card slot supports microSD memory card (up to 32GB).
Celcom First Plan
If you are looking for a Android smartphone, get the HTC Butterfly from as low as RM1,468 (RRP: RM2,299), the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini from as low as RM588 (RRP: RM1,199) or Sony Xperia Tipo from as low as RM88 (RRP: RM499) with any Celcom First Plan of your choice:
|Voice Plan||Celcom First Prime (RM40)||Celcom First Premier (RM80)||Celcom First Elite (RM150)|
|Data Plan||Mobile Internet Basic
|Mobile Internet Advance
|Mobile Internet Basic
|Mobile Internet Advance
|Mobile Internet Basic
|Mobile Internet Advance
|Device Price (12 months contract)|
|Samsung GALAXY S III Mini||RM988||RM888||RM688|
|Sony Xperia Tipo||RM368||RM288||RM208|
|Device Price (18 months contract)|
|Samsung GALAXY S III Mini||RM888||RM788||RM588|
|Sony Xperia Tipo||RM288||RM208||RM88|
Why Celcom First? Here are the top 10 reasons why:
- 3 simple plans with one FLAT RATE for voice & video calls, SMS & MMS.
- Enjoy more to talk with AUTOMATIC SAVINGS on your calls to all networks.
- The FLEXIBILITY to switch between postpaid and prepaid, anytime.
- Payment choice made CONVENIENT for you via reload, online or over the counter.
- EXCLUSIVE & PERSONALISED customer service always ready to assist you.
- NO BILL SHOCKS with your monthly commitment already inclusive of IDD and roaming fees.
- MULTIPLE PLANS for lower, middle or higher usage to suit every mobile need.
- FREE DATA instantly to keep you surfing, chatting and emailing on the go.
- Connect with PEACE OF MIND via real-time updates and notifications on your usage.
- The FASTEST NETWORK in Malaysia that offers superior coverage and quality.
Please feel free to visit the nearest Blue Cube outlet or get more information at www.celcom.com.my.
Microsoft officially launched its latest and much awaited operating system Windows 8 in Malaysia at Lowyat Plaza last Monday. Windows 8 introduces a beautiful new user interface designed specifically for touch and is designed for a no-compromise experience for work and play across various device form-factors.
The new Metro-style Start screen in Windows 8 is customized with live tiles and provides a fast, easy way to view and interact with all your favorite apps, people and content. Live tiles provide a glimpse into the information you care about most, all at a glance.
Thousands of apps are already available from the new Windows Store as well as many local apps such as The Star Online, AirAsia, Genting Resort World, iProperty and DiGi. The new Windows Store is cloud connected, which means that your settings automatically follow across your Windows 8 devices and the purchased apps can be downloaded on any Windows 8 device.
The long awaited Yes 4G postpaid plan was finally launched today! Before this, there were only pay-as-you-go prepaid plans being offered since their official launch in November 2010.
The official Yes 4G postpaid plans are :-
- Super 48 – RM48/month, 1.5GB data
- Super 68 – RM68/month, 4GB data
- Super 98 – RM98/month, 6GB data
- Super 168 – RM168/month, 10GB data
The network speed of all postpaid plans is uncapped so you may enjoy up to 20Mbps! Besides, the postpaid line won’t be barred and no extra charges will incur if the monthly data quota is exceeded but the network speed will be reduced. No exact figure on what the throttled speed will be though. Will update again once I get the information about it.
Two phones chose this special day today 11/11/11 to officially launch in Malaysia, one is Samsung Galaxy Note and the other is the long anticipated new Motorola RAZR. RAZRTM is the most well-known model of all Motorola mobile phones in the history and they are using the same name for this latest smartphone that is impossibly thin, lightweight, fast, and tough! I believe the legendary name RAZR is suitable for this new phone as it features some incredible specifications and the price is only RM1,999!
Below are some facts of Motorola RAZR :-
- Dual-core 1.2GHz processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (supports up to optional 32GB microSD)
- Display protected by scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- Back cover encased in laser-cut KEVLAR fiber
- Splash-guard coating shields (splash resistant)
- 4.3″ qHD (960×540 resolution) Super AMOLED Advanced display
- 69mm wide x 131mm long x 7.1mm thin
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread OS
- 8MP Rear Camera with LED flash
- Micro HDMI port with 1080p HMDI Mirror Mode output
- Full HD 1080p video capture with image stabilization
- 1780mAh non-removable battery