Archive for the 'Tech News' Category
As you’ve just entered the new year 2013, Celcom has already brought in three latest Android smartphones, HTC Butterfly, Samsung Galaxy S III Mini and Sony Xperia Tipo, and bundle them with attractive plans for the customers. It seems if there’s a new phone in town, it’s got to be first on Celcom!
These 3 latest Android smartphones, each for different user segment, are added into the wide range of devices Celcom has to offer. It gives buyers the best smartphone choices paired with the best plans.
HTC Butterfly (as low as RM1,468)
HTC have been doing very well in bringing in their latest smartphones to Malaysia in the shortest time in recent years. Just merely after 1 month after HTC Butterfly’s official launch in Japan, it has finally reached our shores and Celcom is now offering this HTC latest flagship Android smartphone from as low as RM1,468!
HTC Butterfly is labelled as the world’s first full HD smartphone, so you won’t be disappointed with its latest hardware and software:-
- Runs on the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and 1.6 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor.
- It has the world’s first full HD smartphone display, 5” wide.
- With an amazing 8MP camera, you won’t need any other.
- Equipped with Beats Audio to bring music to life.
- 16GB storage with expansion card slot supports microSD memory card (up to 32GB).
Samsung Galaxy S III mini (as low as RM588)
Celcom is currently offering Samsung Galaxy S III Mini at a very affordable price from as low as RM588 making it a good mid-end alternative to its expensive but more powerful sibling Galaxy S III.
Despite Galaxy S III Mini is offered at a cheaper price, it is still running on the latest Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). On the exterior, it has a 4” Super AMOLED display and sports a similar intuitive and elegant design with Galaxy S III. On the inside, it features some quality hardware too :-
- Has a 1GHz dual-core processor.
- Take pictures wherever you go with the 5MP camera.
- Integrated with S Voice, Samsung’s advanced natural language recognition software.
- 8GB storage with expansion card slot supports microSD memory card (up to 32GB).
Sony Xperia Tipo (as low as RM88)
Sony Xperia Tipo is priced as low as RM88 by Celcom, making it the least expensive Android smartphone among these 3 latest devices.
Sony Xperia Tipo has a 3.2” Scratch-Resistant display and weighs only 99.4g, so it suits user who prefers a light and small phone. Below are the highlight of its specifications:-
- It is powered by a 800MHz Snapdragon processor.
- Running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- 3.2MP camera with 4x digital zoom.
- 2.9GB storage with expansion card slot supports microSD memory card (up to 32GB).
Celcom First Plan
If you are looking for a Android smartphone, get the HTC Butterfly from as low as RM1,468 (RRP: RM2,299), the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini from as low as RM588 (RRP: RM1,199) or Sony Xperia Tipo from as low as RM88 (RRP: RM499) with any Celcom First Plan of your choice:
|Voice Plan||Celcom First Prime (RM40)||Celcom First Premier (RM80)||Celcom First Elite (RM150)|
|Data Plan||Mobile Internet Basic
|Mobile Internet Advance
|Mobile Internet Basic
|Mobile Internet Advance
|Mobile Internet Basic
|Mobile Internet Advance
|Device Price (12 months contract)|
|Samsung GALAXY S III Mini||RM988||RM888||RM688|
|Sony Xperia Tipo||RM368||RM288||RM208|
|Device Price (18 months contract)|
|Samsung GALAXY S III Mini||RM888||RM788||RM588|
|Sony Xperia Tipo||RM288||RM208||RM88|
Why Celcom First? Here are the top 10 reasons why:
- 3 simple plans with one FLAT RATE for voice & video calls, SMS & MMS.
- Enjoy more to talk with AUTOMATIC SAVINGS on your calls to all networks.
- The FLEXIBILITY to switch between postpaid and prepaid, anytime.
- Payment choice made CONVENIENT for you via reload, online or over the counter.
- EXCLUSIVE & PERSONALISED customer service always ready to assist you.
- NO BILL SHOCKS with your monthly commitment already inclusive of IDD and roaming fees.
- MULTIPLE PLANS for lower, middle or higher usage to suit every mobile need.
- FREE DATA instantly to keep you surfing, chatting and emailing on the go.
- Connect with PEACE OF MIND via real-time updates and notifications on your usage.
- The FASTEST NETWORK in Malaysia that offers superior coverage and quality.
Please feel free to visit the nearest Blue Cube outlet or get more information at www.celcom.com.my.
Last week, Motorola Atrix was launched in Malaysia and 2 specially designed accessories were introduced as well :
- Motorola HD Multimedia Dock : RRP RM439
- Motorola LapdockTM : RRP RM1399
Both of these accessories run on Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application, which aim to bring desktop-like or laptop-like PC experience on a smartphone. You may read the details of these 2 accessories and webtop application in my previous post.
Take a look of how Motorola Atrix is used on the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock :-
The video below will show you how Motorola Atrix is used on the Motorola Lapdock :-
Motorola Atrix was officially launched in Malaysia yesterday and I was lucky to be there to cover the product launch and snapped some pictures and video. The smartphone is now widely available throughout Malaysia at selected retailers at a recommended retail price of RM1,999.
Motorola Atrix, running Android 2.2 Froyo OS.
Motorola chosen Malaysia as one of the first countries in Asia to launch this dual-core smartphone just five months since it was first unveiled in January at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), in Las Vegas, where it won CNET’s Best of CES “Best smartphone” award.
Andy Tan, CEO of Brightstar Distributions Sdn Bhd and Robert Van Tilburg, Senior Regional Sales Director, Motorola Mobility, South Asia posing with models at the launch of Motorola Atrix.
The claim that Motorola is calling this smartphone the world’s most powerful smartphone has raised some people’s eyebrows, but it certainly is based some supporting facts. First and foremost, Motorola Atrix is running on powerful hardware configurations and below are the key features :-
- 1GHz dual-core processor (virtually running 2 1GHz processors, good for fast games rendering & HD video playing)
- Full 1GB of RAM (good for multitasking)
- Running Android 2.2 Froyo OS (upgradable to 2.3 Gingerbread)
- 4-inch qHD (Quarter High Resolution) display, at 24-bit colour & 960×540 resolution
- Display panel is made of Corning Gorilla Glass (for maximum durability)
- 16GB on board storage space and expandable to 48GB with an optional 32GB microSD card
- Ultra thin (only 11mm) with a huge 1930mAh battery capacity (extra long battery life)
- Biometric fingerprint recognition (at the Power button) for extra security
- 5 megapixel rear camera with the ability to record HD video in 720p
- Mini-HDMI port (for direct HDMI output to external display)
- Up to 9 hours talk-time on 3G & up to 264 hours standby time on GSM!
- Supports Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application (see below for more details)
Today at Taiwan’s Computex trade-show 2011, ASUS has launched a new MeeGo powered netbook, Eee PC X101, that is as thin as Apple MacBook Air!
Eee PC X101 features a 10 inch screen, weighs around 950g and is only 1.76cm thick. The thickest part of a MacBook Air is 1.7cm too! Eee PC X101′s hardware details are as follows :-
- Processor: Intel Atom N435 running at 1.33 Ghz
- Display: 10.1 inch matte display at resolution 1024 x 600
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
- I/O: 2 x USB ports, microSD card slot, headphone / audio port
- Battery: 2600mAh
Nokia just launched a new phone today that specially designed for the luxury market. Nokia Oro is a limited edition Nokia smartphone that incorporates 18 carat gold plating, a sapphire crystal and leather from one of Scotland’s finest Caledonian herds.
Nokia Oro comes in two different colours, white and black. The surface of its casing is coated with 18-carat gold which has been made scratch-resistant. The back of the casing is trimmed with the finest Bridge of WeirTM leather, sourced from prime Scotland’s Caledonian herds. A sapphire crystal is mounted as the Home key, giving you both beauty and durability as its durability is second only to diamond.
The hardware specification of Nokia Oro is exactly the same as Nokia C7 with just slight differences in battery capacity (Nokia Oro 1300mAh vs Nokia C7 1200mAh) and its size (Nokia Oro slightly thinker and wider).
As for the software of Nokia Oro, it is running on Symbian Ana OS that comes with the exclusive Gold Theme!
Today Microsoft officially announced the new Windows Phone OS Windows Phone 7.1, codename Mango. This is the new OS for the upcoming Nokia Windows-based phones as well after both companies signed the partnership agreement in April 2011.
The official release date of Mango has yet to be announced, but Microsoft is committed to release it to all new and existing Windows Phones in Autumn 2011.
Let’s take a look into the new features added to Windows Phone 7.1 (Mango) :-
Allow fast applications switching and support background processing, audio and file transfer.
- Copy & Past
Yes, this missing feature that is so critical for a smartphone OS will be available in Mango.
- Better social integration
Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter & Linked-In are integrated into the contacts, making emailing, SMS-ing and instant messaging a lot easier.
This is a new feature in People Hub that allows you put together related people into a grid of live tiles and put tagged pictures of those people into the groups.
- Smarter keyboard interface
Word prediction will be available when you are typing. For example, when you type “happy”, and the phone will display “birthday” for selection.
- Improved Live Tiles
One of the main attractions of Windows Phone OS is the Live Tiles so it’s further enhanced to hold more information, including push notifications via Live Agents running in the background.
- Hands-free messaging
Text-to-voice and voice-to-text engines allow for easier SMS and chatting. Android & iOS already have this feature, so I guess it’s not too late to have it in Mango too.
- Internet Explorer 9
IE 9 will be the new built-in browser. It provides support for HTML5 and full hardware acceleration. On top of that, the rendering engine of IE9 mobile version will be the same as the desktop version.
- Better Bing Search Engine
Mango provides new ways to search including Bing Vision, Bing Audio and voice. It offers location specific results such as nearest restaurant, events happening nearby, etc.
Take a glimpse of what Mango can offer you in the videos below :-