Archive for the 'Broadband' Category
Sony Xperia Tablet Z will be officially launched in Malaysia on 19th June 2013 but Celcom gets ahead of everyone by offering the world’s thinnest and lightest water resistant tablet from as low as RM1,438 bundled with Celcom First Data plans starting today (15th June 2013).
Sony Xperia Tablet Z launch at Celcom outlets
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z will be available today ONLY at the following 5 selected Celcom outlets :-
- Blue Cube @ Iconic, Sunway
- Blue Cube @ Pavilion
- Blue Cube @ The Gardens
- CXP @ eCurve PJ
- CXP, Kuchai Enterpreneur Park @ Kuchai Lama
The tablet will then be available nationwide on 19th June 2013.
Exclusively at Celcom launch today, lucky customers will stand a chance to enjoy an additional discount of up to RM500 so Sony Xperia Tablet Z could be yours for just RM938! Besides, Celcom is giving away NFC Bluetooth speakers worth RM199 too. Head over to the launch today and you could be one of the proud owners of this latest tablet from Sony and walk away with freebies.
Celcom First Bundle
Sony Xperia Tablet Z is bundled with Celcom First Data plans in either 12 months or 24 months contract. All 3 First Data plans include pay-per-use voice at 15 sen/min for voice and video calls, 10 sen/SMS and 20 sen/MMS to all networks and may be used when SIM card is inserted into a voice compatible smartphone, as the call function is not supported on the Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
|Sony Xperia Tablet Z
|Celcom First Data
Lite + Voice
|Celcom First Data
Basic + Voice
|Celcom First Data
Advance + Voice
|Speed||Up to 1.5Mbps||Up to 3.6Mbps||Up to 5Mbps|
|Contract||12 months||24 months||12 months||24 months||12 months||24 months|
|Monthly Rebate||RM20 x 10 months||RM30 x 10 months||RM35 x 10 months||RM50 x 10 months|
Data and pay-per-use voice bundle allows you to switch the SIM card between the tablet and your smartphone. The SIM card can go into the tablet when you need to use only data; Whereas you can insert the same SIM card into a smartphone when you need to make calls.
World’s thinnest and lightest water resistant tablet
Inside Sony Xperia Tablet Z, there’s a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of storage expandable with microSD and powered by a 6,000mAh battery. The latest Snapdragon asynchronous processor offers breathtaking speed and jaw-dropping graphics, giving you powerful computing but without lightning-speed battery drain.
On the exterior, Sony Xperia Tablet Z has a 10.1″ TFT screen that gives you a Full HD 1920×1200 pixels resolution display. The brilliant Reality Display is powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, which enhances the clarity and richness of every image. It’s amazing how Sony is able to make it the world’s thinnest (6.9mm) and lightest (495g) tablet in the market despite having all these advanced features. Not to mention the tablet supports the 4G LTE network in our country too!
In summary, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z boasts a myriad of amazing features:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), 1.5GHz Quad Core Processor – Super fast performance on the fastest network.
- 10.1″ HD Reality Display (1920×1200px resolution, pixel density 224ppi) – Large enough screen for you to enjoy all your favourite movies and series in wide view.
- 8.1MP Rear Camera, 2.2MP Front Camera – High resolution picture-taking and full HD video shooting ensures you don’t miss a second.
- Water-resistant (IPX5/7 rating) and Dust-proof (IP5X rating) – Bring it wherever you go without worries of getting it wet.
- NFC Enabled – Share pictures, documents and more in a whole new way.
- 4G LTE Compatible – Experience the tablet on the fastest network.
Why choose Celcom First?
- Bring your tablet experience to the next level with the best network.
- It’s Malaysia’s fastest network with the widest coverage.
- You can enjoy the best plans and rates with Celcom First.
- Celcom customers always get to be the first to enjoy the most exclusive privileges.
- Celcom’s many accolades have resulted in various industry awards such as Broadband Service Provider of the Year and Mobile Service Provider of the Year by Frost & Sullivan.
For more information of the device or the bundled plans, head over to Celcom’s Xperia Tablet Z page. Better still, get to your nearest Blue Cube today to test it out for yourself.
Last week, I was invited to the launching event of Yes4G Chromebook. It’s the world’s first 4G WiMAX Chromebook manufactured by Samsung. This new device is a product of collaboration between Yes4G, Samsung & Google and it’s exclusively available in Malaysia from Yes4G only.
The Samsung 4G Chromebook comes with a built-in 4G WiMAX chipset that enables seamless connectivity to Yes network. A Yes ID is all you need to get connected to its network with Internet speed of up to 20Mbps and there’s no SIM card needed.
CEO of Yes4G, Wing K. Lee, revealing the first ever Samsung 4G Chromebook
The long awaited Yes 4G postpaid plan was finally launched today! Before this, there were only pay-as-you-go prepaid plans being offered since their official launch in November 2010.
The official Yes 4G postpaid plans are :-
- Super 48 – RM48/month, 1.5GB data
- Super 68 – RM68/month, 4GB data
- Super 98 – RM98/month, 6GB data
- Super 168 – RM168/month, 10GB data
The network speed of all postpaid plans is uncapped so you may enjoy up to 20Mbps! Besides, the postpaid line won’t be barred and no extra charges will incur if the monthly data quota is exceeded but the network speed will be reduced. No exact figure on what the throttled speed will be though. Will update again once I get the information about it.