Archive for the 'Mobile' Category
Nokia 808 PureView has finally arrived in Malaysia! This latest Symbian Belle phone features a new Nokia PureView Pro imaging technology and a 41 megapixel camera sensor with Carl Zeiss optics.
Nokia 808 PureView sets some new industry standards with its groundbreaking image technology. Basically, it gives you lossless zoom in taking pictures or video without losing any detail while capturing the moment. You won’t get blur/pixelated image in the following situation :-
- 3x zoom for shooting still images
- 4x zoom in full HD 1080p
- 6x zoom in shooting 720p HD video
- 12x zoom in shooting nHD (640×360) video
Below are the highlights of the phone hardware specifications :-
- 41 megapixel camera sensor with Carl Zeiss optics
- Nokia PureView Pro imaging technology
- HDMI & DLNA outputs
- Support NFC & USB On-The-Go 1.3
- 16GB of built-in storage, expandable up to 48GB
- Camera Resolution: 7728px X 5368px
- Able to shoot still image in 3MP, 5MP, or 8MP
- 30 fps Full HD (1280×720) video recording
- Rich Recording: distortion-free audio recording up to 140 dB
- Dolby Headphone: Dolby surround sound playback from any stereo headphone
Visit this media gallery if you are interested in checking out the clarity of the pictures taken using Nokia 808 PureView
The Nokia 808 PureView will be retailing at RM1899 in Malaysia at Nokia retail stores. It will be available from today (8 June 2012) onwards in Black and White.
Nokia launched two of its latest Nokia Lumia phones, Nokia Lumia 800 & Nokia Lumia 710, in Malaysia early February this year. They created a buzz in the mobile phone industry in Malaysia as the consumers here are relatively new to Windows Phone platform. Many people are curious to find out what Nokia Lumia phones have to offer.
I did an unboxing video with a brief introduction to Nokia Lumia 800 a few days ago. Check it out to see what we’ll get in the package.
Below are the key features of Nokia Lumia 800 that worth mentioning.
Design & Ergonomics
Nokia Lumia 800 runs on Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) OS but on the exterior it looks very much the same with the MeeGo-powered Nokia N9 which has one-piece polycarbonate body too. The phone is nice to grip because of its durable and slip-resistant polycarbonate material. Nokia Lumia 800 is currently available in 3 lovely colours (Black, Cyan & Magenta) at the moment while the white one will join the family later this year.
The curved 3.7″ AMOLED ClearBlack display seamlessly integrated into the body and it’s protected by the tough Corning Gorilla Glass. Basically, ClearBlack display reduces reflections on the screen and improve visual image quality, especially when we are at outdoor.
Nokia Lumia phone was officially launched in Malaysia in February 2012 and I finally I got my hands on a Nokia Lumia 800 a couple days ago. Just managed to shoot a quick unboxing video and some introduction of this phone.
The packaging is almost the same as the Nokia N9 has and it contains the following items :-
- Nokia Lumia 800
- Warranty card, quick guide & safety information
- Silicon case that matches the colour of the phone
- microUSB cable
- Phone charger
- Stereo earphone
Nokia Lumia 800 is now available in all Nokia Store in Malaysia and the RRP is RM1,650.
below is the unboxing video :-
Read my detailed post of a closer look at Nokia Lumia 800.
First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone who are celebrating it!
Over the last weekend, Nokia launched in Malaysia their latest smartphones running Windows Phone 7.5. Nokia Lumia 710 and Nokia Lumia 800 were revealed at the launch at Pavilion, KL.
Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia Lumia 800 looks almost identical to Nokia N9 as it features a unibody polycarbonate body same as the Nokia N9. However, there are many differences between them. Below is the list of the key specifications of Nokia Lumia 800 :-
- Runs on Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) OS
- 1.4 Ghz Single Core MSM8255 CPU
- 16GB internal storage, 512MB program memory
- 3.7″ WVGA (800×480) AMOLED ClearBlack curved display
- 8MP auto-focus Carl Zeiss camera with LED flash
- 3 colours available: Black, Cyan, Magenta
- 1450 mAh battery
- Price: RM1650
Nokia Maps, formerly known as Ovi Maps, is always my favorite turn-by-turn voice guided GPS navigation application on a mobile phone. I’ve been using it on Nokia N97, N900 & N8 and it served me well in many countries that I’ve been throughout the years. Nokia decided to split Nokia Maps into 2 separate apps in MeeGo and Windows Phone platform. Therefore, we now have 2 map navigation apps in Nokia N9 and all Nokia Lumia Windows Phones :-
- Nokia Maps (full featured maps navigation with local POI, pin destination, etc.)
- Nokia Drive (turn-by-turn navigation with voice guidance, optimized for driving)
Well, two is always better than one.
So far Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive are free and exclusive for Nokia devices only but soon it will be available as paid apps for other phones running Windows Phones 7.5. I’ve been longing to run these 2 apps on my phones of other brands and the hope finally came true when I managed to run it on my LG Windows Phone.
I’ll only cover Nokia Drive in this post and perhaps if I have time I’ll write about Nokia Maps as well in another upcoming post.
Nokia Drive supports both portrait and landscape modes. The user interface is optimized with bigger font and buttons for the use while driving. Nokia Drive includes 2D and 3D maps across 95 countries and maps can be easily downloaded via WiFi or data network and stored on the device. Navigation voice of different languages can be installed as well.
Nokia Drive in 2D. Day Mode (top) & Night Mode (bottom)
Two phones chose this special day today 11/11/11 to officially launch in Malaysia, one is Samsung Galaxy Note and the other is the long anticipated new Motorola RAZR. RAZRTM is the most well-known model of all Motorola mobile phones in the history and they are using the same name for this latest smartphone that is impossibly thin, lightweight, fast, and tough! I believe the legendary name RAZR is suitable for this new phone as it features some incredible specifications and the price is only RM1,999!
Below are some facts of Motorola RAZR :-
- Dual-core 1.2GHz processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (supports up to optional 32GB microSD)
- Display protected by scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- Back cover encased in laser-cut KEVLAR fiber
- Splash-guard coating shields (splash resistant)
- 4.3″ qHD (960×540 resolution) Super AMOLED Advanced display
- 69mm wide x 131mm long x 7.1mm thin
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread OS
- 8MP Rear Camera with LED flash
- Micro HDMI port with 1080p HMDI Mirror Mode output
- Full HD 1080p video capture with image stabilization
- 1780mAh non-removable battery