Archive for the 'Software' Category
If you are a iPhone user and have a WordPress blog, either self hosted or at wordpress.com, you may want to check out this custom version of WordPress for iPhone. The 2.0 version had just been released early this month, below is the latest release of its introduction video :-
In case you are already using an older version of WordPress for iPhone prior to this 2.0 version, you may want to install this latest version from AppStore. WordPress for iPhone 2.0 was released as a new app instead of an upgrade version because the previous version was developed by a contract developer.
- 1. XSS (cross-site scripting) vulnerability
- 2. Problem with sanitizing uploaded file names that can be exploited in certain Apache (web server) configurations.
XSS vulnerability basically means it allows an attacker to run malicious code right from the webpage of your website which has this vulnerability. So, it can be very dangerous.
On top of that, you have another good reason to upgrade if your server is running on Apache web server because of the 2nd vulnerability.
Therefore, login to your blog now and upgrade it as soon as possible. You are just one click away from running a more secure WordPress version by using the built-in auto-upgrade feature.
WordPress has released its latest version WP2.8.5 today. This latest version consists of several security improvements, therefore it’s recommended to upgrade your blog so that it’s up-to-date and as secure as possible.
The headline changes in this release are:
- A fix for the Trackback Denial-of-Service attack that is currently being seen.
- Removal of areas within the code where php code in variables was evaluated.
- Switched the file upload functionality to be whitelisted for all users including Admins.
- Retiring of the two importers of Tag data from old plugins.
You may not see this upgrade notice in your WP dashboard as usual once you login. It’s not visible at the time of writing, but this upgrade is available under Tools > Upgrade. Just select “Upgrade Automatically” or “Download 2.8.5″ and upgrade it manually will do.
WordPress has made upgrading so easy and fast, I’m loving it.
As usual, WordPress development team is always fast to patch and enhance the script. You may expect the same to this latest version as it has got many bugs fixed, tighter security and a lot more fixes.
Upgrading to WordPress is super easy, just use the one-click automatic upgrade feature built-in since WordPress 2.7. The latest WordPress 2.8.1 even improved the automatic upgrade so it won’t accidentally deletes files when cleaning up from a failed upgrade.
Did you see it coming? I would say this is the most anticipated product that I have been waiting for in these few years. This piece of exciting news just arrived after 10 months since Google Chrome Web Browser was released last year.
Most of the Operating System (OS) we are using today were designed and development prior to the Internet era. Google Development Team realizes this and is aiming to produce an OS for people who are relying on the web (Btw, who doesn’t?). Besides, they are also smart enough to sense that netbook is the new trend right now. Therefore, Google Chrome Operating System is designed for the web and will be initially used on netbook.
Below are some highlights of Google Chrome Operating System :-
- Open source – Like many of the Unix-based OS, it offers accessibility to its source code
- Lightweight – Less complicated, fast and easy to use
- Runs on x86 Computer Architecture – Meaning it runs on the same PC you are running Windows, Mac, Linux, etc, as well
- Secure – The security architecture of the OS was completely redesigned so that it’s virus, malware and security update free
The OS is scheduled to be available for consumers in the second half of 2010. I just can’t wait to see it!
More FAQ about the OS.
I just upgraded this blog to the latest WordPress (WP) 2.8, which was just released a couple hours ago. This latest version is named after the late Chet Baker, a famous trumpeter and vocalist in the 1950s.
There are not many changes in the layout and design in WP2.8 as compared to its predecessor WP2.7.1. However, WP 2.8 fixed over 790 bugs and improved themes, widgets, taxonomies, and its overall speed. This is the main reason I upgraded the blog immediately after it was released.
Below are the major improvements worth mentioning :-
- Browse the entire theme directory and install theme with one click
- CodePress editor – for people who likes to tweaks themes or plugins as it provides syntax highlighting
- Widgets interface redesigned – edit widget on the fly, drag & drop widget, duplicate widgets, etc.
- New Screen Options on every page in Dashboard – better customization by allowing you flexibility to arrange items showing on each page
Visit the link for the all the new features on WordPress 2.8. I’m so impressed with all the hard work the development team has put into this latest version.
For those who are using the older version, it’s time to upgrade your blog. Cheers! :D