It’s been a while since I last posted here due to commitment in my new projects and offline duty as a new parent. Today I’m back to blogging thanks to my pathetic Internet connection, ironically. My current Internet speed provided by Streamyx, a broadband service by Telekom Malaysia (TM), is so pathetic it irks me and I had to post the speed test on my Instagram.
Then TMConnects replied to my post in Twitter, which is a good sign. So I’m here writing this lengthy post to tell my side of story in case they really care.
@sapiensbryan Hi. Have you lodged report for this matter? May we have your report number please?
— TMConnects (@TMConnects) October 26, 2015
Here goes the story!
1st upgrade to 8Mbps (early June, 2015)
Back in June this year (4 months ago), a telemarketer named Miza Ramli from TM’s Promotion Department called me to offer me an upgrade to 8Mbps for RM130/month. We went through a long conversation (>30 minutes) on the phone, making sure the offer is legit and went through the terms and condition as well. I agreed to sign up at the end of the phone call. I even posted a photo of speed test on my Instagram a few days later:
Unfortunately, these happy moments of using faster broadband didn’t last long as my order was cancelled in July (after 1 month of the upgrade) without any notice from TM. So I made a few calls to TM’s helpline in a span of a few days and went through the ordeal of getting my call passed from one department to another. Just for the record, Ms. Nori was one of the customer support officer I spoke to on 28 July 2015.
Due to the fact that Telemarketing Department can’t receive inbound call, otherwise I would have requested to speak to Ms. Miza Ramli directly. Anyway, Ms. Miza Ramli finally called back and she told me that my order was cancelled because the network in my housing area cannot support up to 8Mbps. I told her that’s totally not true because I was already using it for a whole month with the speed around 7Mbps-8Mbps. Below are 2 speed tests I took using speedtest.net in June:-
Speed test on 18/6 & 21/6 using Speedtest.net
After consulting her supervisor, Ms. Miza Ramli offered to upgrade my line to 8Mbps at the same price again as she said it could be a mistake from the Technical Department (who cancelled my order). That was in the end of July and the 2nd upgrade took place within a few days.
2nd upgrade to 8Mbps (end of July, 2015)
Everything went smoothly after the 2nd upgrade and the broadband speed again went up to 8Mbps. I took a few pictures of the speed tests as proofs just in case they decide to cancel my order again. Well, this time the upgrade lasted only a week and my order was cancelled again. Below are 2 pictures I took in early August:-
Speed test on 1/8 using TM’s Speedometer
Speed test on 1/8 using Speedtest.net
This time I even went to the main branch of Telekom to figure out what was happening but they couldn’t give me a firm answer. So, I had to call TM helpline and go through the ordeal again…
I spoke to Ms. Shanna (Registration Department) on 11th August then she made a request to Telemarketing Department to call me back. So Ms. Bella (Promotion Department) called me on 17th August and told me the same thing as my order was cancelled because the network in my housing area cannot support up to 8Mbps. Despite me telling her I was able to get up to 8Mbps, she said she can’t do anything since my order was already cancelled twice by Technical Department.
I was devastated and gave in, I said fine if I can’t get 8Mbps then just sign me up to lower plan which is 4Mbps. After she consulted her supervisor, I was offered an upgrade to 4Mbps and I had no choice but to accept the offer.
3rd upgrade to 4Mbps (mid August, 2015)
The upgrade to 4Mbps was successful and I even received 2 SMSs from TM notifying me that an installer, Mr. Nagalingam, will come to finish the upgrading process on 20th August. I waited but no one turned up on that day.
SMSs from TM
I was still able to use the speed at around 4Mbps even though the installer didn’t come. I was tired of making calls after calls to TM helpline so I just continued using the broadband as long as the speed doesn’t drop.
Out of a sudden, I receive a SMS from TM on 3rd September mentioning that there’s no infrastructure available at my premise, hence my order was cancelled again. Seriously, at first 8Mbps cannot support, now 4Mbps also cannot support?
SMS from TM
So I had to call TM helpline again and filed a complaint (report #1-12487664570). I asked TM to make an investigation into why my order was cancelled even though I received the upgrade confirmation via SMS. However, my case was closed on 15th September without any investigation made.
SMSs from TM
4th upgrade to 8Mbps (mid September, 2015)
I was previously informed by TM telemarketer that if an order is cancelled due to lack of infrastructure, the same customer will be offered again after 3 months if the infrastructure is available. Coincidentally after 3 months since my first offer in June, I received a call from Ms. Ziana (Promotion Department) on 14th September and this time they wanted to offer my an upgrade to 8Mbps again. I was very happy and thought finally my housing area can support up to 8Mbps, hence, I accepted the offer without hesitation despite the price is slightly more expensive than the previous offer in June.
I waited one week but no difference in the broadband speed. So I called to TM helpline again on 21st September and spoke to Ms. Veronica and she told me to wait a few more days because a new order may take up to 7 working days to be completed. Fine.
So I waited until 28th September and made another call to TM helpline. This time I spoke to Ms. Rohaya and she told me that the order wasn’t created on 14th September. She was very helpful as she recreated a new order for me and my broadband speed was successfully upgraded to 8Mbps after a few days.
That’s not the end of the story! My 4th order was again cancelled after one week and Ms. Vicky (Complaint Department, Butterworth area) promised to look into the issue on 6th October but didn’t get back to me. TM just simply closed my case (#1-12610734396) on 9th October without any investigation.
SMSs from TM
Before my latest order (4th in 4 months) was cancelled, I managed to do a few speed tests on different days and took some pictures of it as proofs.
Speed test on 29/9 using TM’s Speedometer
Speed test on 29/9 using Speedtest.net
Speed test on 30/9 using Speedtest.net
Speed test on 9/10 using TM’s Speedometer
Speed test on 9/10 using Speedtest.net
I know it’s a long post, therefore I summarize the post into some key points here :-
- 1st Upgrade – Early June, Ms. Miza (Promotion Department) called me to offer an upgrade to 8Mbps.
- End of July, my 1st order was cancelled because Technical Department said cannot support up to 8Mbps but clearly the speed can be supported.
- 2nd Upgrade – End of July, Ms. Miza (Promotion Department) upgraded my line to 8Mbps upon my request.
- Mid July, my 2nd order was cancelled because Technical Department said cannot support up to 8Mbps but clearly the speed can be supported.
- 3rd Upgrade – Mid August, Ms. Bella (Promotion Department) upgraded my line to 4Mbps upon my request.
- Mid August, I received SMS from TM informing me an installer will come and complete the upgrade but no one came.
- 3rd September, my 3rd order was cancelled because no infrastructure available but clearly I was already using it.
- 10th September, filed a report (#1-12487664570) and asked for investigation. No investigation was done and my report was close on 15th September.
- 4th Upgrade – Mid September, Ms. Ziana (Promotion Department) called me to offer an upgrade to 8Mbps.
- 9th October, my 4th order was cancelled because no infrastructure available but clearly I was already using it.
- End of September, filed a report (#1-12610734396) and asked for investigation. No investigation was done and my report was close on 9th October.
Since @TMConnects will be looking into this issue, I would like to raise a few questions as listed below:-
- 1. Telemarketing Department called me and offered upgrade to 8Mbps 2 times because your TM system was indicating my housing area can support up to 8Mbps. Why Technical Department said cannot after that?
- 2. I was informed that technician will do a test at the interchange (outside my premise) to determine whether 8Mbps can be supported at my premise. Therefore, I requested the technician to come to my house to test the speed in my 2nd, 3rd & 4th order, but no one came. Why cancel my order without testing it at my premise?
- 3. Why the installer, Mr. Nagalingam, of my 3rd order didn’t turn up?
- 4. Is it true that my premise cannot support up to 8Mbps? I need proofs like some readings please. While I can get up to 8Mbps in many speed tests, I don’t accept a simple phone call to inform me the same standard reply.
- 5. Why my housing area 4Mbps also cannot support?
- 6. Why bother to create so many reports while you just want to simply close them?
I don’t want to choose slower speed because it’s cheaper! I wanted to upgrade but you cancelled my order 4 times!
Best Deal Ads :
Related Posts :
- Dear Streamyx (Telekom Malaysia), Please Stop Trolling Me!
- Which Postpaid Call Plan (With Data) By Major Telcos In Malaysia Is Best For You?
- Celcom Offers Sony Xperia Tablet Z From RM1438 With Celcom First Data Plans
Powered by Disqus