Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 (KB976932) is now available for download, after one and a half year Microsoft released the operating system. Service Pack is a collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update, therefore it’s an important update to help make your computer safer and more reliable.
An easy way to install this crucial update is to turn on the Windows Update by doing the following :-
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, choose the option that shown in the picture below.
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then click OK.
To search for Windows Service Pack 1, try doing this :-
- In the left pane, click Check for updates.
- If any important updates are found, click the link to view available updates. In the list of updates, select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932), and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
It takes some time to download and install, and you are required to restart the PC during the configuration process. You should see this screen upon successful installation :-
Alternatively, you may download the service pack manually. However, manual download is only recommended if you are updating multiple computers running Windows 7.
Below are the file sizes for different download options for your reference :-
- Windows Update: x86-based (32-bit): 750 MB
- Windows Update: x64-based (64-bit): 1,050 MB
- Downloading SP1 from the Microsoft website: x86-based (32-bit): 4,100 MB
- Downloading SP1 from the Microsoft website: x64-based (64-bit): 7,400 MB
- Installing SP1 using an installation DVD: x86-based (32-bit): 4,100 MB
- Installing SP1 using an installation DVD: x64-based (64-bit): 7,400 MB
Happy patching. Cheers! :)
Best Deal Ads :
Related Posts :
- Celcom Offers Samsung ATIV Smart PC Bundled With Celcom First Data Plan
- Microsoft Windows 8 Launch & How To Download The OS For Only RM50.
- A Closer Look At Nokia Lumia 800
Powered by Disqus