Motorola Atrix was officially launched in Malaysia yesterday and I was lucky to be there to cover the product launch and snapped some pictures and video. The smartphone is now widely available throughout Malaysia at selected retailers at a recommended retail price of RM1,999.
Motorola Atrix, running Android 2.2 Froyo OS.
Motorola chosen Malaysia as one of the first countries in Asia to launch this dual-core smartphone just five months since it was first unveiled in January at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), in Las Vegas, where it won CNET’s Best of CES “Best smartphone” award.
Andy Tan, CEO of Brightstar Distributions Sdn Bhd and Robert Van Tilburg, Senior Regional Sales Director, Motorola Mobility, South Asia posing with models at the launch of Motorola Atrix.
The claim that Motorola is calling this smartphone the world’s most powerful smartphone has raised some people’s eyebrows, but it certainly is based some supporting facts. First and foremost, Motorola Atrix is running on powerful hardware configurations and below are the key features :-
- 1GHz dual-core processor (virtually running 2 1GHz processors, good for fast games rendering & HD video playing)
- Full 1GB of RAM (good for multitasking)
- Running Android 2.2 Froyo OS (upgradable to 2.3 Gingerbread)
- 4-inch qHD (Quarter High Resolution) display, at 24-bit colour & 960×540 resolution
- Display panel is made of Corning Gorilla Glass (for maximum durability)
- 16GB on board storage space and expandable to 48GB with an optional 32GB microSD card
- Ultra thin (only 11mm) with a huge 1930mAh battery capacity (extra long battery life)
- Biometric fingerprint recognition (at the Power button) for extra security
- 5 megapixel rear camera with the ability to record HD video in 720p
- Mini-HDMI port (for direct HDMI output to external display)
- Up to 9 hours talk-time on 3G & up to 264 hours standby time on GSM!
- Supports Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application (see below for more details)
Motorola Atrix, with MOTOBLUR Homescreen.
Rear view of Motorola Atrix. Power button with biometric fingerprint recognition sensor at the top. 5 megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash just below the power button.
Size Comparison of Motorola Atrix & Samsung Galaxy S. Motorola Atrix is smaller but the screen size is the same.
Moreover, Motorola Atrix supports Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application when it is connected to any of the 2 industry-leading companion docks specially designed for the Motorola ATRIX :-
- Motorola HD Multimedia Dock
- Motorola LapdockTM
Motorola’s webtop application runs a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser and supports Adobe Flash Player to open up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web. In other words, putting Motorola Atrix on the dock enables the user to enjoy full PC capability on a powerful smartphone!
While in the webtop application users can run their Android applications in a window, browse their favorite websites with a full Firefox desktop browser, edit documents, send instant messages and make phone calls, all at the same time. Calls continue uninterrupted if Motorola Atrix is removed from a dock. Users can surf the web, view social networks, and use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services. Plus, the new Entertainment Centre feature lets you show all of the photos, music and videos you already enjoy on-the-go on a big screen in your living room.
Motorola HD Multimedia Dock has 3 USB ports and 1 HDMI port enabling connections to a keyboard, mouse, speakers and HDMI-compatible external display for working at your desk or office, or to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system for interacting with content and enjoying video, music, games at home. The retail price for Motorola HD Multimedia Dock is RM439.
Motorola Atrix docked on HD Multimedia Dock.
HD Multimedia Dock has 3 USB ports, 1 HDMI port, 1 power port & 1 3.5mm jack for speaker.
Motorola Atrix connected to HDMI compatible LCD display via HD Multimedia Dock.
HD Multimedia Dock for Motorola Atrix, selling at RM439 in Malaysia.
Motorola LapdockTM is a “docking shell” that weights only 1.1kg and features an 11.6 inch screen, full keyboard, track pad, stereo speakers, and 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to 8 hours of extra battery life for the Motorola Atrix. This laptop-like dock provides users with a larger screen, keyboard and trackpad enabling them to have an enhanced and more interactive computer-like experience with their device. The retail price for Motorola LapdockTM is RM1,399.
Motorola Atrix docked on Motorola Lapdock.
Motorola Lapdock for Motorola Atrix, thin and light.
Demo video of the Motorola Atrix will be coming up in the next post. Stay tuned! :)
Best Deal Ads :
Related Posts :
- Maxis Win Back Extension For iPhone 5
- Celcom Offers Samsung ATIV Smart PC Bundled With Celcom First Data Plan
- HTC Butterfly, Samsung Galaxy S III Mini & Sony Xperia Tipo arrive on Celcom!
Powered by Disqus