If you’ve set all the basic security settings mentioned in my previous Securing Wireless Network Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) post and want more, here is the advanced part.
By setting SSID Broadcast to “Disabled”, the network name will not be shown in the connection list. People who doesn’t know the network name won’t be able to see it in the connection list and therefore preventing strangers from connecting to our network. Anyway, we’ll need to manually add the network into the connection list when we connect to the network for the first time.
Basically all devices with WiFi capability should have a MAC Address and it usually can be found under Settings.
The basic mode for securing wireless network using Maxis WiFi Modem is available too. Check it out!
Maxis10 – Apple iPad & Maxis Wifi Modem (E5832) Review Series
- 1. Maxis10 – Apple iPad & Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) Review
- 2. Share Wireless Broadband Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832)
- 3. Maxis Wireless Broadband Special Promotion! Save RM20/month!
- 4. Securing Wireless Network Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) – Basic Mode
- 5. Securing Wireless Network Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) – Advanced Mode
- 6. Apple iPad + Maxis Wireless Broadband = Save RM170 Instantly
- 7. The top 5 things I do MORE of … now that I have the Maxis WiFi Modem
- 8. 12 Things You Can Do In The Car With Apple iPad & Maxis Wireless Broadband
- 9. Maxis Wireless Broadband Speed Tests In Penang, Malaysia
- 10. Apple iPad (or iPad 2) & Maxis WiFi Modem Are Your Perfect Travel Mates
- 11. The top 5 things I do LESS of … now that I have the Maxis WiFi Modem
Best Deal Ads :
Related Posts :
- Maxis Win Back Extension For iPhone 5
- Celcom Offers Samsung ATIV Smart PC Bundled With Celcom First Data Plan
- HTC Butterfly, Samsung Galaxy S III Mini & Sony Xperia Tipo arrive on Celcom!
Powered by Disqus