I’m now writing in WordPress 2.7 (codenamed Coltrane). Yes, it’s another round of upgrade just 2 weeks after the previous version WordPress 2.6.5 was released.
This version is a major upgrade with various changes and enhancements feature and security wise.
So, it’s recommended to upgrade to the latest WordPress 2.7.
Since it is a major upgrade, you’ll need to do database backup before upgrading because it involves database upgrade as well.
Below are some improvements that I really like :-
- Keyboard shortcuts for comment moderation
- Sticky Posts! (now we don’t need a plugin to make sticky post. Yeay!)
- Dashboard interface rearranging (arrange the Administration Panel as you like)
- One-click plugin installs
- Reply to comments from admin
- WordPress Upgrader!* (download, install, and upgrade all inside the Administration Panel)
*Not all web hosts support this feature.
I’ve checked WordPress Upgrader on our server at IXIY Hosting, it’s running perfectly. So now we can upgrade our blogs with just 1 click! Check out the screen capture I took.
For full list of new features, visit here.
Of course, there are still some features in the wish list that didn’t make it in this version. Those that I waited for quite some time are :-
- Sitemaps by default (so that it’s generated automatically and submitted to Google.)
- Versioning of template edits (so that we can roll back what we’ve edited.)
- Automatic notification of theme updates
Overall, I’m pretty happy using WordPress 2.7 and I’m still in the midst of exploring all the new changes.
One thing I find it problematic is that it’s lagging while I’m typing in the write box. The moment when I finish typing, the letters is still appearing one by one. Anyone experiencing the same thing?
Happy using WordPress 2.7! Cheers!
Best Deal Ads :
Related Posts :
- Back To Google PageRank 5
- WordPress 2.7 Upgrade And Some Updates
- Interviewed By Malay Mail Newspaper
Powered by Disqus