Last week, WeChat officially release its latest 5.1 version for iOS and Android in Malaysia, and I was invited to the launch event. WeChat 5.1 packs a few new features including social games that the user can challenge their friends.
As one of the leading social communication apps in China, WeChat is gaining tremendous growth in South-East Asia as well. In Malaysia, WeChat has gained 90% of smart phone penetration in recent years and was in the Top 10 Google Trends of 2013.
With this new release of WeChat 5.1, WeChat is aiming to enhance the users’ social life with the introduction of 4 new social games, a new camera app (StoryCam), and the ability to host up to 100 friends (previously max. 40) in a single chat room. All these new features are of course free of charge and are currently available in iOS and Android. Furthermore, we were informed that a new thrilling speed racing game, Wreckless Racer, will be available in the app very soon.
WeChat 5.1 can host up to 100 people in one single chat room
Download all the free games under Discover > Games
- Pencil Pilot – a simple scrolling shooter game.
- Gunz Dash – Choose your favorite hero and embark on an exciting adventure in a fantasy universe. Speed through worlds and collect coins for a high score in this thrilling 2D animated, endless running game.
- Craz3 Match – An easy-to-play but addictive game! Line up animals of the same kind for spectacular effects and move on to the next level.
- 2Day’s Match – A brand new casual puzzle game. Match two tiles of the same kind to clear them.
WeChat Pencil Pilot Game
WeChat Gunz Dash Game
WeChat Craz3 Match Game
WeChat 2Day’s Match Game
Besides these additive games, WeChat 5.1 also comes with a new camera app called StoryCam. Users can add text as description into the photo with this exclusive app. Festival watermarks, filters and real-time location based information are available in the app so the user can further personalize and share any moment.
WeChat is not stopping here, now the app has more new features that make connecting even more enjoyable such as :-
- Edit ‘Favorite Messages’ – Save your favorite text and voice messages, photos and videos to ‘Favorite Messages’. It’s the first cloud-based storage service on mobile social communication apps so the user can view and share again anytime.
- Register with Email Address – Users have more choices to connect with WeChat now. Just register with a valid email address to start chatting with friends.
- Gmail Contact Integration – Link to Google account, find out who else is using WeChat and add them to the friends list.
Now I would say WeChat has become a more complete messaging app that not only lets you text and chat but also have more fun sharing pictures and playing games. If you haven’t got it installed in your smartphone, visit www.wechat.com for the more information.
Sometimes picking the right promotional gift for a corporate event can be a headache, especially when the top management wants the gift to be something practical and useful that the users will use on a daily basis. In this case, power bank with personalized company logo would be a perfect promotional gift in this digital era when mobile power source has become a necessity for most of us who are heavily relying on our smartphones everyday. Smartphones are so powerful these days, it can be used for many purposes like email checking, telecommunication, web browsing, getting in touch on social networks, etc. However, the poor battery life is the main limitation preventing us from continuous usage without having to look for a power source in the middle of the day. A smartphone is only as useful as a paperweight when the battery is completely depleted, therefore a quality power bank is always a good companion for smartphone users.
There are countless types of power bank available in the market nowadays but not many of them are using reliable original battery from reputable battery manufacturers. Mobile Charger is a leading power bank supplier in Malaysia offering good quality power banks with various capacity ranging from 2,800mah to 11,200mah. All power banks supplied by Mobile Charger are using high end original Samsung battery and come with 6 months warranty.
Mobile Charger is also offering the following power bank branding services too :-
- Power Bank Silkscreen Printing – uses a woven mesh to support an ink-blocking stencil to receive a desired image.
- Power Bank Pad Printing – applied to non flat surface. Tube power bank has to be printed using this method as the surface is round.
- Power Bank Laser Engraving – create long lasting branding as the logo will stay permanently on the power bank.
Personalize the power bank with company logo is an efficient way to create awareness of a brand or product. Besides, the retention value of quality power bank is very much higher as compare to conventional promotional gifts like pen or notebook. Anyway, only quality power banks are worth putting the company logo on, furthermore a long lasting power bank can definitely give a good impression to the users too. Please feel free to visit mobilecharger.com.my and check out their range of quality power banks.
Ever since the invention of USB flash drive, pen drive (thumb drives) has become the most widely used computer peripherals that we use it almost every day. However, most of the pen drives available in the market these days are either having a standard rectangular design or the look is not appealing. Ever wish to have a pen drive that is designed by you or in a shape that is unique and special? Now we can have custom made pen drive that can be customized according to the design, colours and shape of your choice!
Custom made USB pen drive would definitely be the best corporate gifts because it gives a very long-lasting impression to the user. The unique design of the pen drive carries your brand and company logo would have easily imprinted in the mind of the users as they will probably use the device on daily basis. I’m sure it’s one of the best promotional products to build a company image.
Besides, custom made pen drive can be a memorable gift for special events such as product launching, school alumni gathering, wedding ceremony, etc. Pictures and files can be saved into the pen drive before giving it to the participants during the event. The participants would definitely love it. In this case, the custom made pen drive doesn’t only save the data but it saves some good memories in it too.
IT Gifts Marketing, one of the pioneers in making custom made USB flash drives in Malaysia, is able to create custom made USB flash drives from photograph, 3D design, real object or even from a sketch. The finished product is made of eco friendly PVC rubber. Minimum order is 200 pieces per design and the price is depending on the quantity ordered, pen drive storage capacity and complexity of the design. The company has been in this business since 2009 so look no further if you wish to order custom made pen drive. Please feel free to drop them an email with your drafted design or product photo then they will get back to you with a quotation based on your requirements.
For further information, please visit www.itgifts.com.my.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z will be officially launched in Malaysia on 19th June 2013 but Celcom gets ahead of everyone by offering the world’s thinnest and lightest water resistant tablet from as low as RM1,438 bundled with Celcom First Data plans starting today (15th June 2013).
Sony Xperia Tablet Z launch at Celcom outlets
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z will be available today ONLY at the following 5 selected Celcom outlets :-
- Blue Cube @ Iconic, Sunway
- Blue Cube @ Pavilion
- Blue Cube @ The Gardens
- CXP @ eCurve PJ
- CXP, Kuchai Enterpreneur Park @ Kuchai Lama
The tablet will then be available nationwide on 19th June 2013.
Exclusively at Celcom launch today, lucky customers will stand a chance to enjoy an additional discount of up to RM500 so Sony Xperia Tablet Z could be yours for just RM938! Besides, Celcom is giving away NFC Bluetooth speakers worth RM199 too. Head over to the launch today and you could be one of the proud owners of this latest tablet from Sony and walk away with freebies.
Celcom First Bundle
Sony Xperia Tablet Z is bundled with Celcom First Data plans in either 12 months or 24 months contract. All 3 First Data plans include pay-per-use voice at 15 sen/min for voice and video calls, 10 sen/SMS and 20 sen/MMS to all networks and may be used when SIM card is inserted into a voice compatible smartphone, as the call function is not supported on the Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
|Sony Xperia Tablet Z
|Celcom First Data
Lite + Voice
|Celcom First Data
Basic + Voice
|Celcom First Data
Advance + Voice
|Speed||Up to 1.5Mbps||Up to 3.6Mbps||Up to 5Mbps|
|Contract||12 months||24 months||12 months||24 months||12 months||24 months|
|Monthly Rebate||RM20 x 10 months||RM30 x 10 months||RM35 x 10 months||RM50 x 10 months|
Data and pay-per-use voice bundle allows you to switch the SIM card between the tablet and your smartphone. The SIM card can go into the tablet when you need to use only data; Whereas you can insert the same SIM card into a smartphone when you need to make calls.
World’s thinnest and lightest water resistant tablet
Inside Sony Xperia Tablet Z, there’s a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.5GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of storage expandable with microSD and powered by a 6,000mAh battery. The latest Snapdragon asynchronous processor offers breathtaking speed and jaw-dropping graphics, giving you powerful computing but without lightning-speed battery drain.
On the exterior, Sony Xperia Tablet Z has a 10.1″ TFT screen that gives you a Full HD 1920×1200 pixels resolution display. The brilliant Reality Display is powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, which enhances the clarity and richness of every image. It’s amazing how Sony is able to make it the world’s thinnest (6.9mm) and lightest (495g) tablet in the market despite having all these advanced features. Not to mention the tablet supports the 4G LTE network in our country too!
In summary, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z boasts a myriad of amazing features:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), 1.5GHz Quad Core Processor – Super fast performance on the fastest network.
- 10.1″ HD Reality Display (1920×1200px resolution, pixel density 224ppi) – Large enough screen for you to enjoy all your favourite movies and series in wide view.
- 8.1MP Rear Camera, 2.2MP Front Camera – High resolution picture-taking and full HD video shooting ensures you don’t miss a second.
- Water-resistant (IPX5/7 rating) and Dust-proof (IP5X rating) – Bring it wherever you go without worries of getting it wet.
- NFC Enabled – Share pictures, documents and more in a whole new way.
- 4G LTE Compatible – Experience the tablet on the fastest network.
Why choose Celcom First?
- Bring your tablet experience to the next level with the best network.
- It’s Malaysia’s fastest network with the widest coverage.
- You can enjoy the best plans and rates with Celcom First.
- Celcom customers always get to be the first to enjoy the most exclusive privileges.
- Celcom’s many accolades have resulted in various industry awards such as Broadband Service Provider of the Year and Mobile Service Provider of the Year by Frost & Sullivan.
For more information of the device or the bundled plans, head over to Celcom’s Xperia Tablet Z page. Better still, get to your nearest Blue Cube today to test it out for yourself.
Last week, I was invited to the launching event of Yes4G Chromebook. It’s the world’s first 4G WiMAX Chromebook manufactured by Samsung. This new device is a product of collaboration between Yes4G, Samsung & Google and it’s exclusively available in Malaysia from Yes4G only.
The Samsung 4G Chromebook comes with a built-in 4G WiMAX chipset that enables seamless connectivity to Yes network. A Yes ID is all you need to get connected to its network with Internet speed of up to 20Mbps and there’s no SIM card needed.
CEO of Yes4G, Wing K. Lee, revealing the first ever Samsung 4G Chromebook
Maxis is now offering new postpaid packages bundled with iPhone 5 (and iPhone 4S too) to existing Maxis customers or users from another network. Under these new Maxis postpaid packages, you’ll get to choose either TalkMore 78 or SurfMore 75 plan and enjoy a lower iPhone 5 price on a 24-month contract. This offer is valid until 31 March 2013 or while stocks last so hurry up.
TalkMore 78 plan comes with free 600 minutes for calls and 500 SMS to all operators. The monthly commitment fee is RM78. It does not have any data allocation so if you need data connection you can add a 1GB Mobile Internet plan for RM48/month.
On the other hand, SurfMore 75 plan comes with a monthly 5GB mobile internet allocation and its monthly commitment is RM75. All calls and SMS rates are pay-as-you-use as the following :-
- RM0.12/min (call to Maxis network)
- RM0.20/min (call to other networks)
- RM0.05 per SMS (to Maxis number)
- RM0.15 per SMS (to other networks)