In this special promotion, the price for 3GB wireless broadband package is reduced to RM48/month only (from the original price of RM68/month)!
Let me summarize the criteria you need to be eligible to enjoy the promotion :-
- 1. A Maxis postpaid customer.
- 2. Has been using the postpaid line for more than 12 months.
- 3. Never subscribe to any Maxis Broadband before.
If you meet all the above 3 criteria, now is a good opportunity to subscribe the 3GB wireless broadband. Not only you’ll save RM20/month from this special promotion, below are the things you’ll get from the promotion :-
- Enjoy up to 7.2Mbps wireless broadband speed.
- Save RM20/month from the original price.
- RM10 rebate for the first 5 months.
- Free E1552 modem
- No contract!
The free modem supports only 1 device, so if you are interested in sharing the wireless broadband connection with other devices you may want to consider getting Maxis WiFi Modem E5832.
Please note that there’s a RM100 activation fee for this special promotion, but I think it’s reasonable since you’ll be getting RM50 back from the rebate. It simply means you are paying RM50 to activate the wireless broadband service and start saving RM20 every month. :)
Please feel free to visit Maxis Wireless Broadband page or call this toll free number 1800 82 2000 for more information.
Maxis10 – Apple iPad & Maxis Wifi Modem (E5832) Review Series
- 1. Maxis10 – Apple iPad & Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) Review
- 2. Share Wireless Broadband Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832)
- 3. Maxis Wireless Broadband Special Promotion! Save RM20/month!
- 4. Securing Wireless Network Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) – Basic Mode
- 5. Securing Wireless Network Using Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) – Advanced Mode
- 6. Apple iPad + Maxis Wireless Broadband = Save RM170 Instantly
- 7. The top 5 things I do MORE of … now that I have the Maxis WiFi Modem
- 8. 12 Things You Can Do In The Car With Apple iPad & Maxis Wireless Broadband
- 9. Maxis Wireless Broadband Speed Tests In Penang, Malaysia
- 10. Apple iPad (or iPad 2) & Maxis WiFi Modem Are Your Perfect Travel Mates
- 11. The top 5 things I do LESS of … now that I have the Maxis WiFi Modem
The long-awaited WordPress 3.1, codename Reinhardt, is finally released today. This latest version is immediately available for upgrade in the control panel (under Updates) as well as for download on wordpress.org.
There were more than 820 issues fixed in this latest release and therefore certainly improved the performance and stability. Below are the notable highlights of WordPress 3.1 :-
- Internal Linking – click a button for an internal link and it allows you to search for a post or browse a list of existing content and select it for inclusion.
- Admin Bar – contains various links to useful admin screens. By default, the admin bar is displayed when a user is logged in and visiting the site and is not displayed in admin screens for single blog installs. For multisite installs, the admin bar is displayed both when visiting the site and in the admin screens.
- Streamlined Writing Interface – new users of WordPress will find the write screen much less cluttered than before, as more of the options are hidden by default. You can click on Screen Options in the top right to bring them back.
- Post Formats – meta information that can be used by themes to customize presentation of a post. Read more in the article Post Formats.
- Network Admin – move Super Admin menus and related pages out of the regular admin and into a new Network Admin screen.
- List-type Admin Screens – sortable columns for list-type screens and better pagination.
- Exporter/Importer Overhaul – many under the hood changes including adding author information, better handling for taxonomies and terms, and proper support for navigation menus.
- Custom Content Type Improvements – allows developers to generate archive pages, and have better menu and capability controls. Read more in the article Post Types.
- Advanced Queries – allows developers to query multiple taxonomies and custom fields.
- Refreshed Blue Admin Color Scheme – puts the focus more squarely on your content.
So all WordPress users, it’s time to upgrade again. :)
If you are a wireless broadband user, you might come across the following situation when you want to share the broadband connection to more than 1 device. Most of the wireless broadband modems in the market allow you to make connection from only one device at one time. So if you want to access the same wireless broadband service on 2 or more devices, you’ll need unplug the modem from one device then plug it to another. This is quite inconvenient especially when you need to switch between the devices regularly.
Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832) is designed to solve the above problem by allowing you to share the wireless broadband through WiFi connection to up to 5 devices simultaneously. The modem is very easy to operate, let me show you in the video below :-
Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 (KB976932) is now available for download, after one and a half year Microsoft released the operating system. Service Pack is a collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update, therefore it’s an important update to help make your computer safer and more reliable.
An easy way to install this crucial update is to turn on the Windows Update by doing the following :-
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, choose the option that shown in the picture below.
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then click OK.
To search for Windows Service Pack 1, try doing this :-
- In the left pane, click Check for updates.
- If any important updates are found, click the link to view available updates. In the list of updates, select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932), and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
I was lucky to be selected as one of the ten reviewers for Maxis10 programme organized by Maxis. This time we’ll be reviewing two devices, Apple iPad 16GB 3G+WiFi version and Maxis WiFi Modem (E5832), in the next two weeks starting from 18th February, 2011.
Apple iPad 16GB (3G+WiFi) & Maxis WiFi Modem
In this Web 2.0 era, a website without a proper comment system that allows visitors to interact within the website would have many disadvantages in attracting and retaining visitors. Therefore, any webmaster or blogger should at least consider using a free and good comment system and integrate it into the website if the website still doesn’t have one.
A good comment system should at least have the features to allow visitors to collaborate within the website articles and promote the website through social media websites. It also should allow the webmaster to integrate the comment system into the website with ease by using HTML widgets and manage the comments in an advanced management system.
DiscussItTM Comment System is a free comment system that offers many useful features a good comment system have. It allows visitors to add content and interact with each other within a website, as well as share their content on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Besides, visitors are able to report any inappropriate post to fight against spam comments. Advanced (rich text) composing options are available in the comment box and all discussions will be neatly displayed as posts tree.