Now I’ve been using this new Nokia N900 for about 2 weeks. Since we all can’t live without social networking these days, installing Facebook and Twitter client is one of the first few things I did.
Below are some Facebook and Twitter clients (widgets & web apps too) I would like to share with you all :-
Facebook For Nokia
N900 has a Facebook Widget installation shortcut available out of the box. What you need to do is just go to More and double click it or download it directly from Ovi Store, then install it.
You may add this Facebook Widget to the homescreen to instantly display your friends’ status updates. Well, it’s only a widget and not practically a client, so there’s nothing much you can do with it. The status updates will slide up by itself and you can’t even scroll it manually. By tapping the widget, a new web browser window will open loading with facebook.com.
Anyhow, the benefit of installing Facebook For Nokia widget is to enable the Share via Service option in the Camera, Photo, and Media Player applications to allow you share photos and videos in Facebook directly from N900.
The only Facebook Client that I managed to find so far. It’s a very basic Facebook Client with some simple features, such as posting status and read comments. Below are the added new feature in v0.2.2 :-
- Add a menu item to synchronise comments on a newspost
- Add capability to like/dislike a newspost
- UI adjustments to be more like Conversations
- Show time a post or comment was made
You won’t be able to run this application if you do not have root access to N900. To gain root access, you’ll need install rootsh (install from Application Manager).
Edit: more details & 2 screen shots from the developer
Facebook Web Apps
If you prefer to use Facebook in the browser, there is a Lite version of Facebook : http://lite.facebook.com
I find Witter is the most complete Twitter Client I’ve seen so far, even though it’s still in testing phase. It is feature rich and easy to use.
Below are the main features of Witter :-
- Post, reply, reply all and forward tweets, retweet, direct message
- Follow and unfollow users
- Open links
- Search (this is useful!)
- URL Shortening feature using bit.ly
- Post pictures to Twitpic!
- Translate tweets using Google Translate (new browser windows will open)
- Witter user interface is customizable
- Connect to other micro-blogging services, e.g. Identi.ca.
A nicely designed Twitter Client and packed with lots of feature too.
You can find it in extras-devel repository via Application Manager.
Mauku 2.0 is current in beta testing stage and both Mauku Application and Mauku Widget are available in extras-testing repository.
Some of the useful features of Mauku 2.0 are :-
- Homescreen widget displaying twitter updates
- Post tweets, reply and forward them
- Follow your users
- Open links
- Connect to micro-blogging services, e.g. Laconica and Qaiku.
Anyway, I noticed it lacks one of the most important features, which is a URL Shortening feature.
Gwibber (will be released soon)
The developer from Gwibber is preparing to release a Twitter Client for N900 very soon. Below is the screen shot revealed in their tweet.
Main features includes :-
- Provides a combined stream of all your messages
- Automatically shortens URLs as they are pasted
- Built-in search tool and support for saved searches
- Optional support for spell-checking as you type
- Connect to micro-blogging services
- Gwibber’s user interface is customizable
Twitter Web Apps
You do not need to download or install anything, just browser to the Web Apps URL below and login to it will do. :)
Don’t mix up with TweeGo, Tweetgo is a web application, which you can directly access it from the web browser.
Ok, that’s all the top 10 Facebook/Twitter clients, widgets and web apps for Nokia N900 from me. Please feel free to add any other apps in your comment.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Best Deal Ads :
Related Posts :
- Philips BDM4065UC 40-inch 4K UHD Monitor Review – User Experience & Opinion
- Philips BDM4065UC 40-inch 4K UHD Monitor Review – Smart Features & Settings
- Philips BDM4065UC 40-inch 4K UHD Monitor Review – Design & Connectivity
- Which Postpaid Call Plan (With Data) By Major Telcos In Malaysia Is Best For You?
- Targus CityLite II Ultra Backpack Review
- WeChat 5.1 Launched & New Games Introduced
- Nokia Lumia 920 & 820 Are On Sale Now In Malaysia
- Nokia 808 PureView (41MP camera) Available Now In Malaysia For RM1899
- A Closer Look At Nokia Lumia 800
Powered by Disqus